Tunnel 3 was completed in 1917 as part of adding a second track between Emory and Wahsatch. The tunnel was replaced by an adjacent cut in 1943, and both portals remain today. The westbound train is on the original 1868-1869 track. (Union Pacific Photo)
A detail image of the tunnel and original wye at Wahsatch. Edited from a 1930 Utah Highway Department drawing for changes to the state road crossing in the same vicinity.